GenCure tissue team marks Donate Life Month with drives
The Donate Life Texas registry allows Texans to register to be organ, eye and tissue donors by completing a form in person or online. A single donor can help save up to eight lives through organ donation, bring sight to more through cornea donation and improve the lives of up to 75 people through tissue donation.
The GenCure tissue center works with organizations across South Texas on posthumous tissue donations, making those tissues available for patients needing everything from bone grafts to ligament repairs.
National Donate Life Month was instituted by Donate Life America and its partnering organizations in 2003. The month includes local, regional and national activities encouraging people to sign up as organ, eye and tissue donors. The month also celebrates those who have saved lives through donation.
In the San Antonio area, registration tables will be available at these locations and times:
- Wednesday, April 5, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Children's Hospital
- Wednesday, April 5, 11 a.m.-2 p.m., Stone Oak Methodist Hospital
- Saturday, April 8, 9 a.m., McAllister Park
- Wednesday, April 12, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Christus Santa Rosa Westover Hills
- Thursday, April 13, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Christus Alamo Heights on Sunset
- Monday, April 17-Friday, April 21, 7 a.m.-8 a.m., SAMMC Skills Fair
- Tuesday, April 18, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Christus Santa Rosa New Braunfels
- Wednesday, April 19, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Christus Medical Center
- Friday, April 21, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., South Texas Veterans Health Care System Hospital
- Friday, April 21, 8 a.m.-2 p.m., SAMMC registry drive
- Friday, April 21, time TBA, University Hospital Blue and Green Day celebration
- Friday, April 21, time TBA, Methodist Hospital